April 10, 2020 Coronavirus Update
Our office is looking different and we are hoping these modifications are only temporary, but they are for the safety of our patients and our staff.
- We will ask if you have recently traveled out of the region or been in contact with Covid-19 patients.
- We will ask if you are running a fever or having general body aches or shortness of breath—aside from your back or neck symptoms.
- We will be checking temperatures upon entering the office.
- We will ask you to wash your hands upon entering our office.
- We will be wearing masks.
- We have enclosed our front desk with plexi-glass and have an area marked to stand away from the desk to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff.
- We have removed the magazines from our waiting room.
- We will be scheduling only 1 patient per 30 minutes so there will be no overlap of patients in our waiting room.
- Since we have 6 treatment rooms, these rooms will be treated as rotating isolation rooms for use.
- We have now been authorized to provide Telemedicine services by many insurances and have been working on the protocol to provide this option for our patients as well.
- We will request to have patients call from the parking lot (607)-962-3387 to check in when they arrive for their appointment time. When possible, try and arrive close to your scheduled times and not earlier. Since we are only scheduling one patient per 30 minute time slot, we do not want any patients in the building at the same time and will be treating our parking lot as the waiting area.
- Unless family assistance is needed, to honor social distancing policy, we are requesting that patients do not bring their friends or family into the office to wait during their appointment.
- In review of the recent directive from Governor Cuomo’s office and the NYS Chiropractic Association, our staff/doctors will be screening patient visits for urgent/necessary and essential services for those patients who cannot wait until April 29 to be seen. We also continue to have the option of Telehealth video/audio appointments.
We’ve always enjoyed and valued the family atmosphere at our office. While it saddens us to have to implement these temporary protocols, we will continue to assess and review our office policies and the community health recommendations on a daily basis, working diligently to implement a protocol that will provide for your safety as well as ours.
Dr. David Kartzman, Dr. Denise Nicastro & our entire Corning Chiropractic Family